Thursday, November 30, 2006

1,000 VISITORS

I looked at the site meter just now and it registered the one thousanth visitor. I set up the meter about two months ago. I think I had the most number of visits to this blog today. I guess many of the students and teachers wanted to put up messages of condolences for Cikgu Ishak and his family.
This has actually been a very sad month for me. Last Monday a very good friend of mine, Mr Ian Edward Hemmings passed away. He finally succumbed to the ravages of collorectal cancer. My maternal aunt's husband, my Uncle Lee, has also been diagnosed with end stage collorectal cancer and the doctors say that his days on this earth are also very limited. Ian was 66 and my uncle is 68. Then this morning, I heard the sad news about the demise of Puan Siti Munirah. I heard that she had been suffering from SLE for quite some time. She was a student of our school and was only 21 years old. I managed to get information about her from the old STESMA school magazine. The teachers, staff and students knew that Cikgu Ishak's wife was very ill as she was frequently admitted to the hospital and he had to rush back to Kajang to be with her. So even though I have so many visitors to this blog, I am really very sad today. Furthermore, the funeral service and cremation for my friend Ian will be held this very day.

No comments: