Friday, January 12, 2007

BALIK KAMPUNG JOKE

This is balik kampung week for all the students who are not involved in the leadership programme at Kampung Bharu. I managed to snap a picture of a few of the students inside the the hired bus taking them to the main bus station in Manjung.
I was unable to take photographs inside the compound, as two of the lady security guards banned me from taking pictures. They wanted me to get a letter of authorisation from the principal to take photographs in the vicinity of the school. I had a good laugh as I have been teaching in this school since 1995 and have taken thousands of photographs in almost every place possible in the school, even the toilets and storerooms, over the years without needing to get any permission except to maybe ask the person I am taking the photo if they wish to be photographed. My apologies to former students who wrote to ask me for more on their juniors for being unable to post more photographs of students leaving the school to go back to their villages.
When I told the other teachers who were waiting to send the participants of the leadership programme to Kampung Bharu, they too had a good laugh and teased me. Cikgu Ali and Cikgu Razak joked that the Mak Guards thought I was a reporter from Nanyang Siang Pau. Cikgu Siti Mariam said that maybe the two ladies did not know that I was a teacher here. Even our principal, Puan Siti Arfah, had a good laugh when she heard what happened to me. Well, I really find this very funny as I have taken pictures at the Ministry of Education in Putrajaya, JPN, PPD, PSPN, PKG and many other schools and universities and I had no problem whatsoever. Some of the security guards there even helped to take my pictures in strategic locations of their premises. Now in a school which I have served for more than 12 years, I am told I cannot take photographs anywhere in the school without written permission from the principal. Heh! Heh! Heh!

No comments: