Thursday, January 11, 2007




PUSAT PENERANGAN DAERAH MANJUNG

Let me introduce you to the Manjung District Information Centre which I visited today. I had gone there to look for pictures of our new King and Queen to put up in strategic places in STESMA. I was told that since the King has not been officially installed we cannot put up his photgraph yet. Also, the pictures of the former king and queen has to be taken down since their reign is over. I am told that there are some salespersons who are selling framed photographs of the royal couple for RM75.00 but it is actually illegal. All the official portraits of the king and queen, the Sultan and Raja Perempuan of Perak, the Prime Minister and Chief Minister must be issued by either the State Secretariat or the Information Department.

The officer who attended to me, Encik Ahmad Fuzi had also explained to me in detail on how and where to put up official portraits of royalty and rulers. Prior to this, I was not aware of the protocol. I was even given print-outs of the protocol. I was also given a herbal plant by Encik Fuzi to take back to plant in the school herb garden. The leaves of the plant when eaten is supposed to be good for the eyes. The other members of the staff at the centre were also very helpful and I went away from the centre with pictures of our Prime Minister, booklets, a calendar and a book. I would like to thank all of them for their hospitality and their helpfulness during my visit today. In future, I am thinking of inviting some of the officers from the Information Centre to give a talk to our students.

No comments: