Monday, April 28, 2008





MISS CHEAH'S FAMILY GATHERING
I celebrated my birthday with my family on Sunday, 27th April. No this is not a belated birthday celebration. You see, my mum and many Chinese mums around the world always consider the Chinese Lunar Calendar date as the most accurate and to her my birthday should be celebrated based on this calendar. Similarly my sister, Li Mei's birthday is always celebrated on the first day of the Chinese New Year and not on the 21st of January which is the date on her birth certificate.
As you can see from the above photographs, quite a number of my family members have come to celebrate with me. See I am wearing red which my mum would insist on since she says that it is auspicious according to Feng Shui and would bring me good luck and positive energy. My mum even made her famous Hokkien mee for all of us. The Chinese believe that one should eat a bowl of mee on ones birthday to symbolise long life. The cake is a western practice. For your information, I already cut three cakes and made three wishes. Very greedy!!! Hope all my wishes will come true. According to my mum, the wish that I make on my Chinese birthdate will come true. What did I wish for? Secret!!!

No comments: