Tuesday, July 29, 2008


A STUDENT REMEMBERS

One of my former students left this comment in one of the posts today.

Ayzac said...

hi Miss Cheah Li Na...you and your migraine.. still like twins.. very synonim.. even it's already 7 years passes.. i still remember you and your migraine... miss you so much!!! have you finished your masters??

For your information, I have been having migraines since I was 19 years old. Believe me when I tell you that I have suffered from it for a very, very long time.
Ayzac must have been in STESMA in 2001 which was 7 years ago. But I wonder if the students that I first taught when I was fresh out of college remember me and my migraines. At that time I was teaching Standard One and the little boys and girls of SK Sri Kinjang in Lata Kinjang were very thoughtful and caring. Whenever I have such headaches they would keep very quiet in class and do their work without asking any questions. Also the thing that touched me most was that there was one time when school was over and a few of the pupils came back to class to see how I was. I could not go back yet as the Pak Cik who sent the other teachers and I home only came at around 1.30 p.m.
I was sitting on my desk in class (there is no staff room as it is a very small school with only 6 classes) and resting my head on the table when 2 little boys and two little girls came in. I heard them call me "Teacher" and then could feel their tiny hands softly pounding on my head and massaging my arms. Believe me those little boys and girls, who were 7 years old at that time, took turns to "tumbuk" my head for me. One even volunteered to help "pull my hair" so that the "wind" or "angin" would go away. They said they always did that for their mothers. I was so touched by their sweet gestures that I almost cried. Now the boys and girls would be all grown up. Given their thoughtful and loving nature, I am sure that they would grow up to be wonderful human beings.

No comments: