Monday, August 04, 2008










CONSCIENTIOUS STUDENTS

This morning I was given 4PKE8 to relieve as their subject teacher was not around. The class was to start at 9.15 a.m. but I arrived late as I had some urgent matters to attend to at the library. When I reached the class, I noticed that all the boys and girls were busy doing their work. After the greetings and prayers, I told the students to continue doing their work. I then walked around to see what they had been doing. Some were doing additional mathematics exercises while the rest were doing their homework for other subjects. Believe me, I was really impressed with them. Usually when I enter a class for relief, I find the students chatting with each other or asking to go out to see this or that teacher with only a handful doing their work. Now, I have observed an entire class busy with their work. Also, none of the students asked to go out - not even to the toilet. The boys and girls of this class has certainly made my day as a teacher.

No comments: