Sunday, August 03, 2008


MRS CHEAH AND THE FRUITS

I finally got to go home to spend the whole weekend with my family. Last week I could not go home as I had to go to Kuala Kangsar. Three consecutive weeks before that I had official duties to attend to and only reached home at around 8.00 p.m. on Saturday. Actually, I was supposed to be on duty for the Sekolah Angkat Programme but I got my librarian, Amir, to be on duty to snap the photographs for me. I had to go home this weekend as I need to send my mum and aunt to get their groceries, spend time with them and help pay my mum's household bills.

Though both of them did not say much but I am sure that they would be wondering why I couldn't spend more time with them. Next weekend would also be the same as we have the Hari Graduasi and I can only go home on Saturday evening. Hopefully, after this I get to spend whole weekends with them.
The top two pictures show my mum and aunt buying durians. Both are diabetic and shouldn't eat too much of this particular fruit but they tell me that they are so old and they too need to indulge once in a while. The third and fourth pictures show my mum plucking assam belimbing or the belimbi fruit to cook sambal udang for lunch.

No comments: