Tuesday, August 05, 2008





NOT MAKING FULL USE OF TIME

Today I had to relieve 4VE3 and found the situation different from the 4KE class which I blogged about yesterday. This time around, I entered the class early even before the students returned from the canteen as this was the period immediately after recess. Again, I told the students to do the work that their teachers had given them but I noticed that only three or four students were busy doing their work. A few of the students were even about 10 minutes late entering the class. Many of the boys and girls were chit chatting and a few were sleeping. I could easily have taught them something but I wanted to carry out an experiment to see what they would do and found out that not all students can be relied upon to do study on their own. Usually, I'd take them to the library and get them to read books for the NILAM programme.

No comments: