Tuesday, September 16, 2008

With the children of the Vision Home
With the children at the Pondok

WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY

One of the things that makes me happy is being able to do something to cheer up the lives of the children of unfortunate circumstances. In May and December last year, my friends and I went to the Vision Hope for the Abandoned and Destitute Children run by a Christian organisation to carry out charity work for the 40 children there. On April 17 of 2008, I went and celebrated my birthday with the children at the Vision Home as I wanted to share my joy with them.
Today, I together with Puan Kamariah, brought the 8 orphans of a Muslim run organisation to buy new clothes for their Raya celebrations. I got the money from my colleagues who sponsored the 5-day fast that was carried out last week.For me one of the things that makes me happy is seeing the smiles on the faces of the children when I spend time with them. I also enjoy cuddling and hugging the little ones at the orphanage since they lost their parents so early and is in great need of some mothering.
As long as I am healthy and able, I will keep on doing my bit to bring more cheer and happiness into the lives of these little ones, regardless of race, creed or religion.

No comments: