Saturday, September 13, 2008

Not fasting today but will do so on the 18th as I am invited to break fast with the orphans then
What I broke fast with on Friday, "Fish and Chips" from a shop in Ipoh
YEH! YEH! DAH DAPAT PUASA 5 HARI

Yes, I am glad to say that I managed to fast for 5 consecutive days. I need to thank a few of the staff and teachers who gave me support and encouragement throughout the five days.
Actually, not eating and drinking was not the difficult part for me: I am in the habit of not eating anything from the time I have dinner at night until 4.00 or 5.00 p.m. when I go home. When I am in front of the computer, I have experienced not eating or drinking for a whole day. Rather for me, making sure I get up at 4 or 5 in the morning and having breakfast and also remembering not to accidentally take a sip of water were the most difficult for me. Also, I know fasting is similar to me going on the 10 day vegetarian diet when I must not think of bad deeds or say evil things, by doing so the fast would be cancelled. So it takes a lot of discipline and good intentions.
Yeh! Yeh! Now I can go collect money from my sponsors and take the 8 children to buy Raya clothes next week. Actually, a few of the teachers had already given the money on Friday when I had not even completed the fast.

No comments: