Tuesday, September 08, 2009

BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT WE HAVE

After I read the above article in the Metro newspaper, I felt really sad. For those foreign visitors who do not understand the Malay Language, allow me to translate.


This is my home, 'my heaven'
His shabby hut which actually only consist of a roof and wall of zinc plus some plastic sheet is worse than a chicken coop. As it is, Murat Mat, aged 80, who is all alone has been living like this for ten years. Worst still, he has to drink the water from the drain.



Such a pitiful sight! Most of us who have comfortable houses to live in and also enough food to eat should not really complain. Instead, we should be grateful and thankful for what we have. Also, shouldn't the people in this pitiful old man's home state be helping him? Could he be sent to an old folk's home?

No comments: