Monday, October 12, 2009

FRAGILE HUMAN BEINGS



A week before the dawn of the Syawal month, a few of the teachers and I helped to take the orphans from a welfare home in Lekir to shop for their festive clothes. The above picture was taken on the first day of our activity with 9 girls and 2 boys from the home.On Saturday I received news that one of the boys in the group had died in an automobile accident. The boy who died was named Amirul (sitting next to Cikgu Zaki). From our brief encounter, I found him to be a well-behaved and nice little boy. The late Amirul was small for his age as he was in Standard 6.
I am saddened by the news of his passing. From what I saw, the boys that we took on the shopping triop were healthy boys. Who would have imagined that one young life would be snuffed out just like that? We humans are fragile, aren't we?

No comments: