Wednesday, November 22, 2006


IAN E. HEMMINGS: 15 March 1940 - 20 November 2006

Remember I did a post about an English friend of mine who was gravely ill? I even did a few posts about the tourist sites in Perak for him as he was mostly confined to his own residence. I did this so that he could be a virtual tourist. I later set up another blog for him called Ajo Ajo Hoi Ting (which means keep on fighting in Hanggul). He would visit the blog daily (if his health permitted) and would contribute by giving his comments via email and also sending articles, jokes and pictures.
In this post, I'd like to report that Ian passed away at 3.15 a.m. on 20 November 2006 (UK time) in one of the hospitals in Bristol. Towards the end he was in great pain. His lady friend, Ms Barbara Dunham who was there told me that it pained her to see him suffering so much. Well! My friend will suffer no more as he is now free from all his earthly sufferings. The above picture was taken in 1995 when Ian came to Lumut with my friends, Stephen, Diana and their daughter Shalini. For those who may be interested, the URL for Ian's site is http://ajoajohoiting.blogspot.com/index.html

No comments: