DELICIOUS AND PACKED WITH GOODNESS
When we went to the Golden Hope Pink Guava Plantation, the people there told us that pink guavas are good for health.
Here is what we were told:
- Guavas are a very rich source of vitamin C . One guava contains more vitamin C than a typical citrus fruit – the rind contains over five times more vitamin C than an orange.
- They also contain high amounts of calcium – which is unusual in a fruit.
- A fresh guava fruit is also a valuable source of vitamin A and B, nicotinic acid, phosphorous, potassium, iron, folate and is high in fibre.
- Guavas are also low in fat and calories, with only about 25 calories per fruit.
- The guava fruit is said to help lower cholesterol, protect your heart and is good for your immune system.
Hmm ... next week I think we will be selling pink guava juice on Wednesday as our weekly library activity.